A little friendly competition never hurt anyone, right? Rally friends, family or other connections and challenge them to join you for your 36-hour fast!
It’s a great way to create accountability for the length of the fasting period while also increasing support of Engineers in Action. The more fasters participating, the more likely EIA is to eradicate water poverty and increase capacity in rural South American villages, so get your group together now.
Ready? Get started here:
- Sign up as a faster: bit.ly/FastWithEIA2017
- Decide who you want to invite to fast with you. Ideas include:
- A group of friends – a simple group text sharing the link above should get you started!
- Coworkers – Walk around with a sign-up sheet. If they don’t want to Fast, they might give you a donation instead! Once you get a list of people interested in fasting, send out an email sharing the link above so they can create their personalized faster page.
- Youth Group or School Org – At your next meeting or function, share why EIA is important to you and why you’re fasting, then invite others to join you! Follow up by sharing the link above.
- Once your group is set, start a string of communication (via Facebook, text or email). Tag Engineers in Action if it’s on social media.
- Before the Fast:
- During the Fast:
- Get together the day before to prepare mentally
- Communicate during the 36 hour fast for accountability and support
- After the Fast:
- This is the best part! Remember to be gentle as you break the fast
- Make plans to break the fast together. Gather for a small meal directly after the fast, or plan a larger dinner later in the day. This is also an opportunity to invite donors to hear about your experience of fasting with Engineers in Action.
- Send a follow up email to donors thanking them for their support
- Thank your group participants for joining you
- Share your fasting experience, including pictures from any group meetings, on social media with #CleanWaterFast and @EngineersinAction