Bolivia Pre-Assessment Trip Planned for Jan.2-8
Engineers in Action invites you to join us in Bolivia for an exclusive Pre-Assessment "Look/See" Trip on January 2 through January 8.
One or more representatives from your EWB-Chapter will have the opportunity to travel to La Paz, Bolivia. There, you’ll get to meet and work with our EIA staff, making on-site inspections of potential work sites your chapter might want to adopt.
David Stephenson, Director of Operations for EIA, will meet you in the Miami airport, assist you through the visa process at the airport, and travel with you to La Paz.
EIA staff members Mike, Ruben, and Milton will meet us there, and take care of us during our stay in Bolivia.
While in Bolivia you will have an opportunity to:
- Meet face-to-face with the EIA staff who will act as primary contacts for your EWB project.
- Gain insight into the current political situation and how it could affect your project.
- Meet students from the new EWB-UMSA chapter (Universidad Mayor de San Andres) and visit with them about their work.
You will receive detailed briefings on:
- Overall scope of EWB/EIA engineering projects currently underway in Bolivia
- Details of our partnership relationship with your chapter.
- Traveling to Bolivia with your team.
During our stay, we will travel to 6 or more different potential worksites.
- Meet the local leaders and hear their needs firsthand.
- Assess the possibility of success with a personal inspection.
- Determine for yourself which project is the “right fit” for your chapter.
We have between 15-20 different potential projects available for you to select from. Just let us know which ones you would like to visit, and we will adjust our schedule accordingly.
As a bonus, it appears that Cathy Leslie, CEO of EWB-USA may be traveling with us to assess the work of EWB in Bolivia.
For around $300, we will provide:
- Ground transportation
- Airport taxes
There will also be a visa cost of $100, paid at the airport when you arrive in La Paz. The visa is good for two years, so you won’t pay again when you come back to work on your project.
In addition, you will need a ticket to La Paz. We travel American Airlines, and encourage you to check with your own travel agent. There are a few ‘frequent-flyer’ seats available if you have the miles.
Space is limited on this trip, so contact us as soon as possible to reserve space for your EWB chapter representative on this Pre-Assessment "Look/See" Trip.
Director of Operations, EIA
dstephensontulsa (at) hotmail (dot) com