Engineers in Action is hosting the 2018 #CleanWaterFast, where individuals will abstain from food or drink, except water, for 36 hours.
- Fasters will create an online donation page here
- Fasters will call on their friends and family to support their pledge via donations to their individual page links provided at sign up
- Use the link above to ask for donations to the Clean Water Fast donation page
- Some fasters are part of a Group Challenge, where they rally their coworkers, youth group or school organization to fast and fundraise with them
- Some fasters are part of the University Challenge, where they raise money split 50/50 with their professional org that will be used toward their travel expenses on an upcoming EIA trip
- Tag EIA with @EngineersinAction on Facebook
- Use #CleanWaterFast
- Official event name: 2018 #CleanWaterFast
- Videos are available here: bit.ly/EIATube
- I just started a fundraiser for @EngineersInAction’s 2018 #CleanWaterFast! Help me reach my goal and help EIA give #cleanwater to those in need. #WaterIsLife
- I gave 36 hours so that @EngineersinAction can give #cleanwater to those in need. What will you give? Sponsor my #CleanWaterFast pledge now: <INSERT LINK TO PERSONAL PAGE>
- You all are amazing! Just received another donation for my #CleanWaterFast fundraiser for @EngineersinAction. Check out my progress and help me reach my goal now! <INSERT LINK TO PERSONAL PAGE>
- I just donated to @EngineersinAction’s #CleanWaterFast because <INSERT YOUR REASON>. Go here to make your donation now: <INSERT LINK TO PERSONAL PAGE>
- Announce your fundraiser on Facebook or Twitter and share your personal reason for fasting.
- Post about the fundraiser as often as you’d like leading up the fast, specifically asking for donations prior to Sept. 28. Thank/tag your supporters for their donations as they happen.
- Post updates when you start the fast and as many progress updates as you feel comfortable with until the fast is over.
- Share posts from the Engineers in Action Facebook page on your personal wall or on your event page’s wall.
- Break your fast with a special meal where you invite your supporters to join you. This also serves as another opportunity to raise funds for your fast.
- After the fast, share a personal description of how the fast went (did you make it 36 hours?) and make a last call to donate to your campaign before it closes.
- Follow up with a final thank you to everyone who supported you and info on what you raised.