EIA offers internships for students and others interested in living and working in Latin America for three to twelve months, or longer. Internships are non-salaried so you will have to raise your own support. EIA can assist you in your fundraising efforts and we will help you find room and board during your stay.
This experience will change your life forever. EIA is open to receiving applications from anyone who is interested in applying. However, preference will be given to those who meet these standards:
- A minimum of three-month commitment but we would prefer a term of six months or longer
- At least 18 years old
- Enrolled in or graduated from an accredited engineering, global health, or international studies program
- Good to excellent Spanish language skills
- Can drive and will get an international license
- Experience driving manual transmission vehicles
- Experience with GIS and CAD programs
- Topographic surveying experience
- Interns must also be willing to work in challenging conditions.
Depending upon which projects you may be working on, you could be high in the Andes Mountains, or low in the Amazon River Basin. You will travel some by public buses between cities. You will spend some time with work teams at the sites, in sleeping bags and sleeping on the ground. The work often requires very long hours, but there will also be time for recreation and sight-seeing.