How does your water use measure up against the struggling communities EIA works to help?
Go to bit.ly/EIAh2o to find out.
Take a quick four-minute survey to see how your water usage measures against the families in EIA communities struggling with water poverty. Next, make a pledge to reduce your impact on the global water crisis and share your results and new commitment with your family and friends on social media with a challenge for them to do the same. With awareness, we can make an impact!
You’ll be amazed to see how much water you use, and even more amazed to realize how many people around the globe struggle for a fraction of the clean, safe water we often take for granted.
TAKE THE SURVEY NOW
With your help, Engineers in Action has the opportunity to raise $40,000 as part of its end of year giving campaign!
Thanks to the Steve & Julie Guy Matching Fund, every dollar you donate becomes twice as nice this holiday season. By participating in this matching fund campaign, you’ll ensure Engineers in Action can help thousands of families in rural South America.
In 2017, Engineers in Action changed the lives of more than 12,000 people in rural Bolivia and Ecuador through its various programs and projects. That’s a 140 percent increase in impact over 2016 with nine new villages in Ecuador celebrating the friendship and assistance from EIA, plus our continued and ever-growing work in nearly 30 Bolivian villages.
From WASH trainings to water infrastructure implementations, EIA’s work makes a major difference to those less fortunate. Give a gift to help them this holiday season and double the impact made on thousands of lives. Will you help us achieve this incredible $40,000 gift opportunity?
Take advantage of the Guy Matching Fund and donate now!
To view the newsletter online with working elements and links, click here: http://conta.cc/2gkBsjK
Click here to read the full version with working links online: http://conta.cc/2f7Xk1g
Help us improve! Take our Clean Water Fast 2017 Feedback survey now:
Create your survey with SurveyMonkey
Click here to read the full version with working links online: http://conta.cc/2ibfsfg
Member of an organization that partners with Engineers in Action? Join the Partner Challenge and 50 percent of the funds your raise will go toward a future trip with EIA.
Partner Organizations include:
What You Need to Do:
- Decide if you will fast as an organization or individuals within the organization. EIA suggests each participating member of your organization create their own fundraising page.
- Set up fundraising page(s) here: bit.ly/FastWithEIA2017
- Promote your fundraising page as much as possible before, during and after the Fast Sept. 28-30
- Send direct email asks to your professors, friends and family.
- Use the social media guide to ask your social networks, including your organization’s social media channels, for support.
- EIA will earmark half the money you raised for your team.
- The other half will go to Engineers in Action to help us support your team and many others as we work to provide clean water to Latin Americans in need.
- Follow up with your donors with at least one thank you and announcement of funds raised after the fast.
A little friendly competition never hurt anyone, right? Rally friends, family or other connections and challenge them to join you for your 36-hour fast!
It’s a great way to create accountability for the length of the fasting period while also increasing support of Engineers in Action. The more fasters participating, the more likely EIA is to eradicate water poverty and increase capacity in rural South American villages, so get your group together now.
Ready? Get started here:
- Sign up as a faster!
- Decide who you want to invite to fast with you. Ideas include:
- A group of friends – a simple group text sharing the link above should get you started!
- Coworkers – Walk around with a sign-up sheet. If they don’t want to Fast, they might give you a donation instead! Once you get a list of people interested in fasting, send out an email sharing the link above so they can create their personalized faster page.
- Youth Group or School Org – At your next meeting or function, share why EIA is important to you and why you’re fasting, then invite others to join you! Follow up by sharing the link above.
- Once your group is set, start a string of communication (via Facebook, text or email). Tag Engineers in Action if it’s on social media.
- Before the Fast:
- Plan your asks for donations using the templates available on your Fast page.
- Share articles or information about the benefits of fasting
- Celebrate when you get a donation supporting your commitment
- Post on Facebook about the #CleanWaterFast and tag your group members
- During the Fast:
- Get together the day before to prepare mentally
- Communicate during the 36 hour fast for accountability and support
- After the Fast:
- This is the best part! Remember to be gentle as you break the fast
- Make plans to break the fast together. Gather for a small meal directly after the fast, or plan a larger dinner later in the day. This is also an opportunity to invite donors to hear about your experience of fasting with Engineers in Action.
- Send a follow up email to donors thanking them for their support
- Thank your group participants for joining you
- Share your fasting experience, including pictures from any group meetings, on social media with #CleanWaterFast and @EngineersinAction
I just pledged 36 hours to Engineers in Action’s 2018 #CleanWaterFast and need your help.
For 36 hours, I’ll abstain from everything. Everything except the pure, unpolluted, easily-accessible, life-giving water that we so often take for granted. In some countries, clean water is considered a luxury, with many rural children and families consuming unsanitary water that causes illness. Engineers in Action works to change all that, and I want to help them succeed.
I hope to raise $500 before my 36 hour fast October 4-6. Will you support me?
Water is not a luxury. Help me make that a reality for two entire villages in rural South America by donating to my fundraiser now.
Give today.(insert link to your faster page)
Giving online is easy and fast, and your support will make a real difference. I appreciate your help!