Pictured above: Dilapidated, unsafe seesaw and slide found in a rural village.
Chua Cocani Playground Installation
- Destination: Chua Cocani, Bolivia
- Project Type: Playground Installation (Click here to learn more.)
- Project Leader: Rod Beadle
- Project Duration: 7 days
- Possible Dates: Aug. or Sept. 2017
- Deadline to Apply: June 30
- Approximate Cost: $1500 per person (does not include airfare and visa)
- Deposit: A deposit of $250 is required upon selection
- 2 Technical positions available:
- 13 Non-technical positions available:
- 1 Photographer/Videographer
- 12 Team members to help install playground
Travel to an indigenous Aymaran village high in the Andes mountains and be a part of one of EIA’s most exciting volunteer opportunities yet – our inaugural playground installation. Stay in the community for approximately one week, living and working side by side with some of the most kind and gentle people in the world. Work with EIA staff, other volunteers and community members as a team to plan, prepare and install a playground, recycled and brought over from the U.S. Some manual labor is expected. Conclude your trip with a traditional celebration christening your hard work, led by your new friends in Chua Cocani.
Interested? Sign up below to receive details on dates, cost and duties.